Many powerful search features:
Gateway to the other A Better Finder products
Multiple access methods for all your needs:
- launch A Better Finder Rename or A Better Finder Attributes with the selected files
- produce tab delimited file lists for processing with A Better Finder Rename
- use UNIX-style wild cards to select files, e.g. *.doc, image*.gif, etc.
- use Grep or Perl-style regular expressions (details)
- select all files that are digital camera pictures with valid EXIF information
- select all files that contain a particular character string
- select all files that begin with a particular character string
- select all files that end in a particular character string
- select all files that match a particular creator or type code
- select files and folders separately or together
- recursively select files and folders in subfolders
Other features include:
- simply press the Control-Command-S hot key
- fully integrated with the Finder via the contextual menu
- drop the files onto the application icon
- user interface is similiar to A Better Finder Rename
- the ability to configure the hot key combination by using the "A Better Finder" preferences panel ("Apple" menu -> "System Preferences..." )
- persistent settings (the tool will automatically remember your last settings)
- fully integrated with the Macintosh Finder
Not Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or Snow Leopard compatible
Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4 compatible
Universal Binary for PowerPC & Intel
This product is no longer under ongoing development.
19th April 2006
The new version updates the System Preferences Pane and the Hot Key Component to address a minor installation bug.
Check out the format of the regular expressions that you can use to formulate queries in A Better Finder Select.
Note that this is for power users, such as programmers. Most people will be better of with the easier options such as wildcards.