Version 7 of A Better Finder Attributes is now in Beta
A Better Finder Attributes debuted nearly 25 years ago on the now venerable System 7. Then we migrated it to Mac OS X.
Completely rewrote every line of code for version 3. Added the ability to read EXIF timestamps. Then came droplets,
support for RAW formats and finally the ability to change EXIF timestamps in both JPEG and RAW image formats.
Four years ago, we added many new formats and the ability to manipulate a larger array of EXIF, IPTC and GPS tags.
We have been busy listening to you and version 7 now brings all the most frequently requested features:
- Changing file dates based on dates & times embedded in the file name
- Incrementing file dates based on a sorting order
- Reading & writing video/ movie content creation timestamps
Along with this we have made many improvements and additions, some long overdue:
- fully multi-threaded preview, status updates and execution
- improved file list and preview handling
- the ability to add EXIF data to JPEG and other formats even if they were encoded without EXIF meta-data
- an advanced date changing action becomes the Swiss Army Knife of date manipulation
- tag changing in most image, RAW and several video formats: jpeg, heic/heif, png, mp4, mov, etc..
- placeholders for tag changes
- even wider range of supported RAW formats
- improved error messages and clearer communication about file system limitations
- remove Spotlight WhereFroms before distribution
- separate control over which timestamps will be written for image and movie formats
- can use Spotlight timestamps as sources for date information: content creation, content modification, download and added timestamps
- introduces Composite Content Creation Date as a composite source of dates
- add ability to remove IPTC Time Created & Date Created timestamp for images and Content Creation Date for movies
- new web-based Help pages
- warning when files are not writable
- better and earlier warnings for common problems
- droplet migration
- French translation
Detailed format support:
- image timestamp writing: jpeg, jpg, jfif, jpe, heic, heif, hif, arw, cr2, cr3, arq, crm, cs1, dcp, dng, erf, exif, fff, flif, gpr, hdp, iiq, insp, jxr, mef, mos, mpo, mrw, nef, nrw, orf, pef, png, psb, psd, psdt, raf, raw, rw2, rwl, sr2, srw, thm, tif, tiff, wdp, x3f
- movie timestamp writing: mp4, m4a, m4b, m4p, m4v, f4a, f4b, f4p, f4v, mov, mqv, qt, avif, crm, dvb, lrv
- image timestamp reading: jpeg, jpg, jfif, jpe, heic, heif, hif, arq, arw, bpg, btf, cr2, cr3, crm, cs1, dcp, dcr, dng, erf, exif, fff, flif, gpr, hdp, iiq, insp, jxr, k25, kdc, mef, mif, miff, mos, mpo, mrw, nef, nrw, orf, pef, png, psb, psd, psdt, psp, raf, raw, rawzor, riff, rw2, rwl, sr2, srf, srw, thm, tif, tiff, wdp, x3f, xcf, 3fr
- movie timestamp reading: mp4, m4a, m4b, m4p, m4v, f4a, f4b, f4p, f4v, mov, mqv, qt, asf, avi, avif, crm, divx, dvb, flv, lrv, wma, wmf
- image & movie tag editing: jpeg, jpg, jfif, jpe, heic, heif, hif, arq, arw, avif, cr2, cr3, crm, crm, cs1, dcp, dng, dvb, erf, exif, f4a, f4b, f4p, f4v, fff, flif, gpr, hdp, iiq, insp, jxr, lrv, m4a, m4b, m4p, m4v, mef, mos, mov, mp4, mpo, mqv, mrw, nef, nrw, orf, pef, png, psb, psd, psdt, qt, raf, raw, rw2, rwl, sr2, srw, thm, tif, tiff, wdp, x3f
- meta-data stripping: jpeg, jpg, jpe, heic, heif, hif, jfif, png
Version 7 is a paid upgrade, but free for anybody who owns a forever upgrade or has purchased version 6 after the 1st of January 2020.
You can purchase your upgrade to version 7 now from our upgrade page.
Download Beta Version
You can install version 7 alongside version 6 and try it without any problem. If you want to migrate your droplets to point to version 7, you can do so in `File` menu by selecting `migrate Droplet`.
Download Version 7.16 for Mac OS X 10.10 or
Discounted & Forever Upgrades are exclusively available as Single User, Family, Small Business, Business and Enterprise licenses from our web store.